I love to pull old photo albums down off the shelf and start looking back at all the wonderful memories with my family. It seems like just yesterday I was holding those precious babies of mine in my arms. Time sure has flown by. I am so thankful to have all of these albums full of photographs to look at. I can’t imagine not having them and all of those sweet memories. Photo albums are the best way to persevere memories of our families.
Top 4 Benefits of Photo Albums
(1) Photo albums don’t take up a lot of space.
Can you imagine having all of your photographs displayed on the walls in your home? I don’t even think I have that much wall space in my home! With albums you can organize them neatly on bookshelves, on coffee tables, under the bed, or even in your closet. I recommend rotating them every few weeks so there’s always an album or two in your living area that family members can easily grab and sit down to look at.
(2) Photo albums make great gifts.
Have you ever been stuck on gift ideas for grandparents, aunts, or uncles? Why not surprise them with an album of their favorite grandchildren, nieces, and nephews! Albums are available in a variety of sizes and color options so you can tailor it for each recipient. I’m sure Grandma will cherish those photos just as much as you do!
(3) Photo albums tell your story.
- Every family has their own unique story to tell. Day after day, month after month, and year after year, as your children grow older that story is constantly changing. What life is like this year will not be what life is like next year. Capture your family as who they are now and hold on to those precious memories. In a few months or in a year, capture and create new memories. Constantly add to the collection of your family’s unique story.
(4) Photo albums are family heirlooms.
- What will you pass down to the next generation? A box of hard drives? A cell phone full of images? I believe it is very important to leave the next generation with tangible, hold them in your hands photographs. Create beautiful albums that will become part of your family’s heirlooms. Albums are sure to be enjoyed and cherished for many generations.
If you don’t have albums of memories yet, start now. It’s never too late to start. If you already have some albums, continue adding to your family’s story. Your children will thank you for it!